Lignin Upgrading & Valorization Presentation
Lignin Upgrading & Valorization.zip
CIBER Exchange Presentations
Center for Innovative Biomaterial Education and Research (CIBER) is a multidisciplinary program focused developing biomaterials from renewable resources and educating the public and other scientists and engineers on the needs, opportunities, issues, benefits, and issues surrounding biomass conversion.
Objectives of the program include web-learning modules and an exchange program with universities in Europe, Canada and the Far East. Where students/postdoctorals and professors/scientists will conduct research and give seminars on current research.
Research conducted within the center surrounds three main areas:
- Oxidation of pulp fibers
- Development of novel chemical building blocks from biomass
- Bioconversion of lignin for production of chemicals
View a CIBER Supplemental IREE Program on Crosslinked Cellulosic Whiskers.
View a poster for the 2008 NSF PFI Workshop, titled “Center for Innovative Biomaterial Education and Research (CIBER),” by Nan Jiang, Lee Goetz, Sheldon May, Nibedita Sanyal, Alison Buchan, Rob Anderson, Joseph J. Bozell, and Arthur J Ragauskas.
July 2009 – Performance for Innovation / CIBER Exchange
- A Student’s Perspective by Matyas Kosa
- Quantum Cascade Laser Based Trace Gas Sensors
- Towards Bridging the Gap from the Benchtop to Electronic Devices: Manipulating the Self-Assembly of Conjugated Polymers
- Chemistry and Biochemistry at Georgia Tech
- Characterization of LignoBoost lignin to predict possible utilization
- GFP: Research Presentation
- Structural Studies of Photosystem II: Electron Crystallography & Characterization of a Novel Chromophore
- CIBER The Sustainable Forest BioRefinery
- CIBER Sustainable Modified Cellulosics: Micron to Nano
- CIBER Sustainability Presentation at Faculdade de Ciencias de Saude Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilha, Portugal
June 2007 – Performance for Innovation / CIBER Exchange
- Introduction to Georgia Tech
- USA Pinus Taeda vs. Portuguese Eucalyptus Globulus.
- Lignocellulosic Fiber Engineering by A.J. Ragauskas
- Nanocellulose Studies by A.J. Ragauskas
- Biorefinery Research by A.J. Ragauskas
- Biosynthesis of Bio-friendly Polymers
- Catalytic Conversion of Biomass to Biofuels
- Center for Innovatove Biomaterials Eucation and Research Supplemental IREE Program